Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 12-14


I hope you guys haven't forgotten about me over the past few days, it has been a very busy time and haven't been near my computer much.

We left Hangzhou on Tuesday at around midnight on a sleeper train. I was in a compartment with Anthony (our guide) Professor Ewest and a random girl. After playing cards with mike and Shawn for a little while, I decided to call it a night. Even though the train ride was 16 hours, I slept for about 12 of them so it wasn't too bad. Then we arrived in Beijing at around 3pm. We went to Tiananmen Square, which was
pretty cool, it is taboo to talk about what happened in 1989 there, but it was still a good experience. After Tiananmen Square, we came back to our hotel and relaxed.






Today we went to the great wall of China! Tim and I went off on our own and we hiked all the way to the summit of one of the peaks. It was absolutely remarkable, in my short life, it was the coolest thing I have ever seen. After lunch at Mcdonalds, most of the group went to the black market. If you ever are in China go to a black market, bartering is one of the best experiences i've had here. Its just really fun to make routine purchases but treat them like buying a car. After a day full of shopping, which I got some Abercrombie shorts, a chinese iphone, and some shoes, we went as a group to OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE. It was amazing as always.

Tomorrow we are hitting up the olympic venues and then leave for Shanghai. I can't believe that our China trip is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment